Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 16, 2012 - Afternoon Jetty Trip





As I mentioned earlier Friday, March 16th was a fantastic day – couldn’t have asked for better weather. The morning trip was successful and so was the afternoon trip.

Joining me for the afternoon trip was Dwayne W. and his mom and dad. Dwayne’s dad started it off with some really nice sheep head - then some giant sheep head. The bite was light – meaning they weren’t hitting to bait hard – they would nibble at the shrimp in some cases strip the bait completely. We worked hard at it, repeating the process of free lining the shrimp and Gary starting catching the sheep head… then, mom. But, Dwayne was setting in the front of the boat and wasn’t getting anything.

After couple hours I had to switch Gary and Dwayne. Shortly thereafter, Dwayne was on some really big fish. Again, we caught some really nice Sheep head and puppy drum. The afternoon trip didn’t see any red fish. In fact, all the boats around us were experiencing the same thing – no red fish. They must have moved out. Mom got into the action too. She would have one then lose it, but she stayed with it – great attitude. Then, couple times throughout the evening Mom nailed a couple really nice sheep head.

I want to thank Dwayne and his family for fishing with me. I believe we all had a good time. I know it seems just too short of a trip – we were laughing so much.

And a special thanks to Dwayne W. – folks I’m good size myself but this guy is the size of an NFL line backer with arms the size of pipes. He was able to dislodge my anchor with a little pulling and a slight grunt or two. Don’t know how long it would have taken me if I had to do it myself.
Gary mentioned a story about Dwayne – he pulled 95 feet of well pipe up including the well’s pump when the commercial well company in the area came out to the house and couldn’t get it up and left for more equipment.

Looking forward to the next trip - when I will get to see you guys again for that Crocker run…

No comments:

Post a Comment