Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 16, 2012 - Morning Jetty Trip

Friday, March 16, was a fantastic day plus everyone caught fish. A couple of us ran two trips in one day – in this case, both trips were very successful. Checking with my associates it seemed that Friday was good for everyone.

Charles J., Jamie J., Max D., and Alfonzo C. were my fishing partners for the morning trip. They were all part of an 8 man bachelor party. Jamie started everything off that morning with a couple sheep head. Then, Charles and Max followed. Charles caught a good mess of sheep head and black drum. Then, Max loaded up with something that took us all for a ride – including one of my spinning reels. Max set the hook good and it began to strip line – I tightened the drag just a bit then… Max started reeling a bit – he looked like he was starting to win the battle then the reel started striping gears… Max and I began to turn the spool just to try to gain ground on this monster but snap… line broke. Wish we could have seen him. Shortly after that Jamie J. nailed a nice 27 inch red fish.

As the morning wore on Alfonzo was able to dramatically improve his casting ability. In addition, he started figuring out the bite. Meaning – Alfonzo started feeling the bite more and started setting the hook on sheep head. Everyone had caught fish this morning except poor Alfonzo.

Keep in mind it’s his first trip and the guide was explaining to Alfonzo all the details of what to do. Alfonzo was a great student. I say that because as it turned out Alfonzo started catching fish left and right – surpassed everyone on board and kept catching fish… what a fast learner Alfonzo is.

I want to thank my morning customers and tell everyone how much I enjoyed having them on board. We caught some really nice Sheep head, Puppy Drum, some larger Drum, and one nice 27 inch Red Fish.

I look forward to our trip this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment